Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Very Good Day

All in all I've decided that today was a Very Good Day. For one reason or another I've been very productive at work this week and today was no exception. It's always a good feeling when you know you're really on top of things at work. Sometimes coming to work can be a drudgery, but this week I seem have quite a lot to do and that motivates me. So I've been turning out work by the bucketloads.

Tonight was dedicated as Tax Night, due to the fact that I have an appointment on Friday with my Accountant to put in my (now very overdue) tax returns for the past two years! Whenever I tell people about this I feel really guilty. Accountijng is my least favourite thing to do in the world. But the funny thing is just about everyone says that they get behind on their taxes pretty often too. That always makes me feel a bit better!

Strange that I hate doing accounts but I'm really enjoying the accounting project I'm doing with Business Information Systems. I guess it's just teaching people how to do accounts, not actually doing it myself. Even better I get to try to think up ways to make it more interesting for them, which has got to be a benefit to society, don't you think?

So anyway the other good thing about today was that I got my tax done. At least, all I need to do before seeing the Accountant. Yeehar.

As if that wasn't enough, just an hour or so I got an email from someone who was organising the gradual repayment of a long overdue sum of money -- sponsorship money that fell through -- for an event in 2003! I've been waiting a long time for this to happen and it finally looks like it will. This means we may be able to keep up with uni fees without going a long way into debt after all. Phew.

OK, I have an early start and I should be in bed. I just thought I would post something trivial instead of a huge long super-pretend-seriou s thing about DJing or something. I've noticed nobody comments on the long boring blog entries!

No comments: